Many problems in management and in life result from people’s different views on the future. People subconsciously assume that everyone understands how they think and talk about the future in the same way as they do. They assume that everyone is wearing the same ‚futures glasses‘ which often causes misunderstanding, frustration and failure. The five futures glasses described in this book make it easier to see and understand more of the future:
- The blue futures glasses are for assumptions about the probable future of your environment
- The red futures glasses are for possible surprises in your environment
- The green futures glasses are for opportunities to create a better future
- The yellow futures glasses are for your vision of a desired future
- The violet futures glasses are for your planned future and for your actions.
The five futures glasses and the resulting „Eltville Model“ bridge the gap between everyday life and futures research. They have been developed through research in more than a thousand workshops and projects with non-profit organizations as well as with leading corporations around the world, such as BOSCH, Microsoft, BAYER, AstraZeneca, Roche, Ernst+Young, Ford, Vodafone, EADS and Nestle. This model provides you with a road map for thinking and communicating about the future and a comprehensive structure for your future projects as well as your strategy. In addition, the Eltville Model helps you to apply the common foresight tools much more effectively.